So, upon advice from my friend Kylene (who is a month ahead of me in the pregnancy race) I decided to give this blog thing a try in order to keep those of you far away up to date on goings on in my life. Now I'm not promising anything BUT I will try to keep this as current as I possibly can. I just know how lazy I can be when it comes to this stuff. You have officially been warned people.
I guess the first thing I can do is update you on bebe stuff..Currently we are at 17 weeks and last appointment everything was good. We heard the heartbeat again and the doctor was very happy with where we are at. Our next appointment is Feb 3 and we will find out the sex! We are excited. I don't really have a preference and I don't think J does either. I know if we have a girl he will be putty in her hands. But he has warned me if we have a girl we may not have any more since he can't risk having 2 girls. Just too many boys in the world he'd have to kill and he doesn't want to end up in jail. :)
I am still in disbelief about all this sometimes. I guess once I start feeling baby move around and stuff it'll get more real but right now it's just weird. Weird to talk about, weird to think about, WEIRD. Don't get me wrong, we are both really excited but seeing as some bad stuff has happened to some people we work with, we have proceeded with caution. I guess sometimes I feel like I might jinx it or something. Like I'll be overly happy for a minute and then it'll all just fall apart. But as I have been told J (who is incredibly comforting) its not in our hands and we have to trust that God will provide us with what we need. I truly believe that and it has provided me with some comfort to ease my worried mind.
We have been trying to map out all we can like daycare and trying to fit school in, in the fall. It's just weird to know that you are on the brink of this life changing event and all you can really do is try to hold on for dear life and go with the flow.
Something funny that J said the other day while we were lying in bed - he was making a sandwich and thought "soon I'll have to be making this for a kid too. I'll have to feed the kid." He said that thought made it a little more real to him. I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks this way!!
We had a late Christmas with my side of the family last weekend. My Aunt and Uncle have a beautiful house out on lake Granbury so they hosted all of us (I think there were 22 of us in all). I honestly love my family. They are all really good people. I'm lucky to have come from such a good lineage. The bad thing about those weekends is time always passes so fast. But we manage to get in a few good games of Monopoly, dominoes, cards, or trivial pursuit. We got to visit with everyone and enjoy the view of the lake on Saturday (it was really cold so we didn't stay outside unless we had to) but Sunday was so nice we stayed out there all morning. I wanted to stay there and just be outside all day but we had to get back to the real world and our dog Mia. She had been alone all night and we just couldn't leave her alone much longer.
This weekend we are going to see J's grandparents from Tyler. They are coming up to visit and see the house. I hope I have time to clean. YIKES!
Well, that is that for now. You all now know what I've been up to. I'll do my best to keep you in "the know"
Love,
C
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Starting this thing..
Posted by Ladymontague02 at Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Labels: The beginning..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Hi Chriscrina!!!! I'm soooo excited that you are blogging now!! This is waaaay fun! Now I can keep up with you too!
Don't worry about pregnancy being wierd and worrying aboutthis LIFE-CHANGING event. I'm freakin' out over it a lot! But like you said, God is in control and He is taking care of us and our little babies growing inside us!
I've been feeling Brandon move a lot and it's very cool. It's comforting knowing he's doing OK in there (I mean I guess he is, right?!)
Ok-I'll shutup. Check back with ya later!
Post a Comment