We had our doctor appointment yesterday. Everything with baby is fine but my doctor is concerned that my glucose levels and weight (a few pounds gained, not too bad) are up. It may have been the honey nut cheerios I ate before the appointment but next week I have to take my routine gestational diabetes test which consists of drinking a bottle of sugary fruit punch stuff and getting my blood drawn an hour after to see what my glucose levels are. If they are high, I'll have to take a 3 hr test after fasting. If I don't pass that, then I'll have to go see a nutritionist and monitor what my food intake is. If it can't be controlled through diet and exercise, I will have to start monitoring my blood sugar and taking insulin. The doctor said that if I do have it, it will go away after delivery but could mean that I am at risk for diabetes in general. And seeing that I am overweight and I have a family history of it, it very well could be a possibility. So please pray for me! I'm very nervous about it. But J and I decided right then and there (actually we had been talking about it the day before it even came up) that we need to step it up so we have both started monitoring our calorie intake and exercise. I'm glad he's doing it too, it's tough to do it alone! I will admit that I have upped my sugar intake the past few weeks, drinking sugary cream soda and indulging in too many bite size candy bars. So I'm cutting that out immediately! I'm upping my water intake and trying to stay away from anything overly sugary. I was doing fine before but I slipped a little as obvious by my weight gain. So I'm starting a new path and going to do my best.
Love you all!
C
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
24 week update
Posted by Ladymontague02 at Wednesday, March 04, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Hey girl you can do it! I've been working on my diet/exercise habits this year, so i know it's challenging, but you can do it, and you'll feel so much better once you get into the habit and realize that, no, you DON'T really NEED that dr. pepper... (speaking from experience :) ) it'll take work but it's totally worth it!
a great site to help you monitor your calorie, fat, sugar, carb, sodium, protein, etc intake is livestrong.com. i've been using it and it's really made me conscious of what i'm puttin in my mouth. it's free! all you gotta do is sign up! :D there's all sorts of good resources on there so check it out!
i'm praying for you! i love all three of you so very much!
<3Allison
Post a Comment